Instructions for Using a Minolta Dimage-Pic Camera with
HyperStudio (Windows 95)
- Windows 95 computer
- Minolta Dimage-Pic camera
- 4 AA batteries or a 7 volt AC adapter
- Minolta software installation CD (check
here if you need software)
- Minolta Cable SC-P1W (see picture at right)
2. Take Pictures
Download Pictures from the Camera to Your Computer
- Install the Minolta Dimage Pic software from the CD that came
with your camera.
- From the START menu:
- Go to PROGRAMS
- Go to IMS CAMERA (in the left window, two-thirds of the way
down the screen)
- Launch the IMS CAMERA application
- Plug the large end of the Cable SC-P1W into the serial port
(COM port) on the back of your computer, and the green end into
the camera's digital out terminal (see drawing at right, or refer
to page 7 of your software instruction manual).
- Turn on your camera.
- Click on the picture of the camera on the left side of the
screen (in the IMS CAMERA application). Alternatively, from the
TOOLS menu at the top of the screen select CONNECT CAMERA.
- After the image thumbnails load on the screen, drag the ones
you want to download to your computer to the picture of the folder
on the left side of the screen (underneath the picture of the
- From the FILE menu, choose EXIT to quit the IMS Camera
4. Insert Pictures into HyperStudio (just like other clip
- Launch HyperStudio and either create a new stack, or open an
existing stack into which you want to put a digital camera
- From the FILE menu, select ADD CLIP ART.
- At the next menu, choose FROM DISK FILE.
- Locate the IMS Camera Data folder, which contains your
downloaded pictures. Click on the folder at the top of the screen,
next to the words "LOOK IN." From this file dialog window, open
the following volumes/folders:
- Select the picture you want and click OPEN. Select the portion
of the image you want to insert with the selector tool or lasso,
and click OK.
- Position the image and resize it on your card as desired.
© Copyright 1998 by Wesley